CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Drive fron Norco,California to Sidney, Nebraska








Hello Friends and Family,



Our drive from Norco started off OK until we stopped at the first truck stop. As I was waiting for the pump to clear, a truck driver pointed to the back of the truck. As I began to look around I noticed that my rear wheel hub cap cover was just hanging on by the valve stem extension that I had installed a day prior to the trip (thought it would make putting in air easier). I could of had two flat tires! But the Lord was certainly watching over us. It took us twelve hours to get to Salt Lake City, Utah. We stayed with Dixie and Jerry for two nights. The morning of our departure, I began my safety check (as usual) and when I got to the air pressure checks I had another valve stem extension that came off, rivets and all. I decided at this point that it was a sign to take the dumb things off so I would not worry (right). We left SLC and headed for the big city of Sidney with a population of 5,416. We arrived around 8:30P.M. and the drive was uneventful (but as usual I was thinking of all the things that could go wrong). We moved into our new home which took about 30 minutes to set up. We have been enjoying the small town. Our favorite place to go is Walmart. I try to stay away from Cabela's since it has everything that I NEED! The moving van will arrive on Monday, and then we're back to work! Enjoy the pictures!






Susan outside of the Sidney Post Office. Next time we'll show you pictures of the inside!




We are standing in front of the Sidney sign with "Flat Stanley" (this was for a school project for Taylor). In case you can't read the sign, it says "Small Town Values...Big Time Opportunities".
Sorry this is Welcome to Nebraska sign is so blurry. That happens when you're driving!


We went through this tunnel in Wyoming.




Here we're parked at Sue's parents in SLC. We stayed there for two nights.
This is the truck stop where the hubcap was barely hanging on!
This Mayan restaurant in SLC actually has cliff divers performing every 30 minutes. We ate lunch there with Dixie and Jerry.


This is the Jordan River Temple.


The next few pictures are of Cabelas in Lehi, Utah.





This made Susan really nervous when they loaded her car onto the moving van. I wonder why!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Sue, Hi Rueben! Jenn (Morgan) Shideler here. I can't believe you guys live in Nebraska now!! I hope you enjoy it. Working at Cabella's is my husband's dream job! Have fun.